Monday 14 October 2019

Thanksgiving Weekend

I love Thanksgiving weekend.  Besides being thankful, which I am, it has so many other meanings.  It's a day where I can finally accept that summer is done.  It was such a wonderful summer this year, next to no huge upheavals and traumas.  My dad was healthy-ish, the kids were happy, the sun was out but it was the first time in a looooooooong time that I actually felt bored ?!  I turned 52 and am officially in menopause, two of my kids are in college, the youngest is in grade ten.  I find myself in a place where I'm no longer in charge of my kids lives, they want a lot from me but I don't seem to have any clout anymore.  It is a weird place to be.  Like this blog, I find myself jumping back and forth and all over the place trying to find a purpose or goal.....

Things I am Thankful For

1.  Always my kids
2. My patient and funny husband
3. My faithful dog Bella
4. My moodie cats Teddy and Fozzy
5. My dads interactive moments
6. My friends
7.  The beautiful fall colors
8. Falls windy and clean air
9. Pumpkin pie 
10. Red wine
11.  Thanksgiving dinner leftovers!
12. Bumblebees, butterflies and birds
13. The comfort of my home

and I could go on.  How about you?

2 comments:

The flooding of Unexpected emotions

Ever have one of those days that you think are fine, getting stuff accomplished, arriving on time to appointments, remembering to brush hai...